Take your chance to win an Image Processing Workstation and to be honoured on all ZEISS channels!
All you have to do, is to develop an innovative or challenging workflow solution and upload it on APEER, the cloud computation platform for microscopy applications. You can choose your programming language of comfort. The solution should address challenges faced by today’s microscopicsts who spend significant time on image processing tasks such as object detection and image segmentation.
Don’t know coding? No problem. We also encourage microscopists without coding skills to participate as a team by finding a partner who can help with coding. You can provide the microscopy related challenge that your partner solves with his/her coding skills. Be creative and put together a workflow using existing modules on APEER to solve an imaging challenge.
In addition two webinars will be announced, that will help to understand APEER and the coding language.
The contest is open from 1 March 2019 to 30 June 2019 and the winner will be announced in September 2019.
- Anyone working in imaging analysis*
- Participants with skills in Python, especially in Scikit-image, OpenCV, and Tensorflow will benefit from their added image processing skills.
- We encourage collaboration where an algorithm specialist pairs up with a researcher to solve a real world microscopy challenge.
*The participation is limited to the following countries: Austria, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia & Serbia.
- Fill in the contest registration form below.
- Register for free on www.apeer.com
- Build your modules and create your workflow. Combine your modules with existing modules on APEER, if needed. Execute your workflow.
- IMPORTANT: Before publishing fill in CONTEST AUSTRIA in the field "description"
- We recommend working with a researcher using microscopy to get real life use cases that you can solve
- If you do not have such contacts then please download this document for some workflow ideas and test data
A panel of judges will pick the winner based on the following criteria:
- Workflow should be executable on www.apeer.com
- Relevance of the workflow to microscopy
- Usability of the workflow for multiple use cases
- Difficulty & usefulness
- Quality of results
APEER is a ZEISS initiative to bring the researcher and algorithm engineer together to accelerate research. The cloud platform enables any researcher to create, customize, and execute software workflows all the way from image acquisition to report generation. Users can customize publicly shared application workflows or easily build personalized workflows for their specific jobs. Automation of image processing workflows saves valuable time that can be used for research that actually needs human involvement.
APEER is free to use and open to everybody.
- Automate recurring tasks
Use APEER for your routine tasks and make them executable in one click. For example, you can automate the task of counting neurons or particles in your images using machine learning algorithms developed by you or your peers.
- Use one platform for your entire experiment
Define and execute end-to-end workflows, from image acquisition to getting results ready for publication. Create your own software modules using most scripting languages, including Python, Java, and ImageJ scripting. Let the system keep track of results from every step in the workflow.
- Share – if you want to
You can choose to share your work with specific users or with the entire APEER community. You can also keep it private for personal use. Sharing work increases visibility and minimizes reinventing code.
- Digitalize your microscopy experience
Access your data and run your workflows from anywhere and at any time. Visualize your images using any device, no more local hardware dependence. Leverage cloud infrastructure to scale resources accordingly.
This contest is hold by the Carl Zeiss GmbH. The winner will be chosen from a panel of judges under all uploaded workflows* with the description "Contest Austria" on www.apeer.com. The winner will be informed through email until September 15, 2019. The legal recourse is excluded. The prize may not be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. ZEISS employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Personal data will not be forwarded to third parties.
*The participation is limited to the following countries: Austria, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia